Re: Adding a description text property for a track

From: Grant Shangreaux
Subject: Re: Adding a description text property for a track
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2022 18:54:16 -0600

I know its been a while since this discussion started, but I'm only now
getting through the emails.

> Yuchen Pei <hi@ypei.me> wrote:

>> How about we add a description text property to tracks

>> The reason I'm proposing this is that:
>>
>> 1. In my only usage of emms of playing urls over http / youtube-dl
>> / sftp, I can't seem to get any descriptions of any tracks for
>> display.

i would also use it for this case. when i was working on the info
editor, i allowed url types to be edited since it is nice to add info to
it for the playlist interface. this does add an item into the emms
cache, but there isn't anything to display this as a track in the
browser.

in this case i suppose it wouldn't need a new property for the track, it
would just use the default emms info tags. it could be useful to add an
alternative set of tags for urls if that makes sense.

> Mike Kazantsev <mk.fraggod@gmail.com> writes:
>
> And if a fixed one-liner description with some custom meaning is
> needed, I'd think it'd make sense to have a custom info function to
> interpret it somehow.

Agreed, I think url track types could have their own info function.

--
Tokṡa ake
Grant Shangreaux