Re: EMMS doesn't scrobble tracks to libre.fm, despite handshake reportin

From: Fran Burstall (Gmail)
Subject: Re: EMMS doesn't scrobble tracks to libre.fm, despite handshake reporting good
Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2022 10:36:00 +0000

On Sat, 5 Nov 2022 at 01:18, Yoni Rabkin <yoni@rabkins.net> wrote:
"Nathan R. DeGruchy" <nathan@degruchy.org> writes:

> Hey, Yoni;
>
> I removed the values of those fields and restarted Emacs. I setup a ~/.authinfo.gpg file and put in:
>
> `machine turtle.libre.fm login ndegruchy password **** port 443`
>
> (password is masked)
>
> I then
>
> (require 'emms-librefm-scrobbler)
> and
> (emms-librefm-scrobbler-enable)
>

> When I launch emacs, I get:
>
> Decrypting /home/nathan/.authinfo.gpg...done
> Contacting host: turtle.libre.fm:443
> handshake successful
>
> But nothing seems to happen after that. I listened to an album and I get no messages about scrobbling tracks.

I tried this on a different machine today and it still just works for
me, so I've not managed to re-create this bug yet.

I'll keep on trying; I haven't given up yet.

Of course, if there is anyone else within earshot who is willing to test
this, please do and report your findings.

P.S. Please don't top-post. In-context replies are the preferred way to
comment on specific bits of instruction and code.

I have just tested this and I also cannot recreate the bug.

One remark: each scrobble process leaves a hidden buffer lying around with the response from the server.  This buffer has a name like " *http turtle.libre.fm:80*" (note the leading space).  Maybe good to know what that buffer contains (if it exists) for Nathan.

---Fran