Re: EMMS - Showing some appreciation

From: Yoni Rabkin
Subject: Re: EMMS - Showing some appreciation
Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2023 14:19:07 -0500

Scarlett McAllister <her@scarlettmcallister.com> writes:

> Hello!
>
> I am sending this message to share with you my joy and delight from
> finding, installing, and using EMMS! (:

Thank you for the kind words. I'm CC'ing my reply to the Emms mailing
list, because the people who wrote all of that great code would be glad
to read it; I'm just the maintainer.

> It's a really cool piece of software and I'm so glad that it's been
> developed and maintained! I hope that someday in the future I might be
> able to make some contributions to the project (I'm only just learning
> LISP though, so I'll have to postdate my excitement to a time when it
> matches my skill).

Hacking on Emms is a great way to get started. Find something you'd like
to improve, and go ahead. However, if you are more the literary type,
work on the manual is always welcome as well.

> I am also sending this message to see if there is a mailing list of
> IRC channel I can join to participate in the project's discussion? I
> see there's a note on the GNU website about both. But I'm not sure how
> to get on the mailing list,

The mailing list we work on is emms-help. Check out the "Subscribing to
Emms-help" section of the following page: