enigma-devel

[Enigma-devel] Bug reports for Enigma 0.90 beta

From: slfabian
Subject: [Enigma-devel] Bug reports for Enigma 0.90 beta
Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2004 20:09:10 -0500

Hi,
Well, you asked for bug reports--here's a bunch of them!! (Incidentally, I reported several of these back in June, but they still seem to exist).

1) Putting a tunnel pipe piece on a trigger plate no longer works to open a gate, making some levels (The Cage and The Tomb, both from Enigma 1, for example) impossible to solve.

2) Desynchronization of boulders makes some levels impossible to solve.  Dancers (Enigma 1) is an example.  Rush Hour Traffic and Impossible? (both from Enigma 2) also are affected by this change.  Impossible? is still solvable, but it doesn't work like it did before.  Rush Hour Traffic may still work.  I'm not sure.

3) Eccentric Orbits and Prison Yard (both from Enigma 2) do not seem to work the same way and may be broken.  The small white balls move along with the black marble and they didn't do this before.  I'm not sure, but the same thing may be happening in Seven Friends (Enigma 2).

4) Two Billiard Tables (Enigma 2) is broken.  The magnets don't work.  (Personally, I like it better this way because I can actually solve the level, but I know that the author of this level would find it way too easy!!!)

5) In Fight For Your Life (Enigma 2), you can't even see the marble or the sword anymore in the normal mode.  Changing the graphics of this type of tunnel stone makes this level and several of the Sokoban levels extremely difficult, if not impossible.  Other levels that have this type of stone are also made more difficult.  Please go back to the original graphics for this type of tunnel stone!!!

6) Having keys remain in your inventory after you use them is very confusing and has the potential for making levels where you need to collect a lot of things difficult if not impossible (you may not have enough room in your inventory to pick up all of the things you might need).  The Locksmith (Esprit) is very confusing unless you can keep track of which key is which.  No Jumping Necessary (Enigma 2) also becomes confusing, and may not work right.

7) The explosion sound when you roll over brittle flooring is very annoying, particularly in levels where there is a lot of this type of floor.  Perhaps it can be removed or replaced by a different sound ( more like a creaky floor, for example).

8) Levels with rings are still not working properly.  The rings remain on the landscape after you use them so you can pick them up again.  Keepaway and What a Mess (both from Enigma 2) are examples.

9) Fool the Watchdog (Enigma 2) is broken.  The rotor just immediately kills all of the white balls. (Is it my imagination, or are all of the rotors moving either faster or slower than they used to?)

10) Hitting "escape" to back out of a level still frequently causes the game to completely close down and go to the desktop.  I can't specify which levels because it is not always the same levels..

11) In levels with moveable impulse stones (Stay There! and U-Swap easy mode, both from Enigma 2, for example), where you have more than one life, when the marble respawns under a block, the marble does not get crushed, but there is no way to move the block.  This makes the levels impossible.  Shouldn't it get crushed so the level will restart?

12) Star Trek still does not appear in the game.

13) There are 4 levels which I have only completed in the easy mode.  Two of them (Hail Storm and Prison Yard, both from Enigma 2), reflect this correctly, but the other two (Tilt Control and Tough Skyscraper, both from Enigma 2) show that they have been completed in the normal mode as well.

14) The "medals" button at the bottom of the screen is back, but it is not working.  Nothing happens when you click on it, but it should take you to the next unsolved level.

15) Esprit 86 seems to be broken.  The top does not move at all.  (This may be the problem in Seven Friends from Enigma 2 as well??)

16) When I down loaded the 0.90 beta version, all levels that I had completed in version 0.81 showed as completed with the appropriate time scores.  I have since improved my time on a level in version 0.81, but the new time doesn't register in version 0.90 beta.  Also, any levels that I completed in version 0.90 beta that I had not previously done, do not transfer to show as completed in version 0.81.  Are the records kept in a different file than before?

Well, that's what I have found so far.  Please respond to my email with any comments or questions as I am not a member of the mailing list.

Thanks,
Stephanie Fabian