enigma-devel

[Enigma-devel] Re: Bug reports for Enigma 0.90 beta

From: Daniel Heck
Subject: [Enigma-devel] Re: Bug reports for Enigma 0.90 beta
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2004 13:32:20 +0100

Stephanie,

thanks for the most extensive bug collection yet :-) I already fixed
some of them (see below) and put the others on my todo list

> 1) Putting a tunnel pipe piece on a trigger plate no longer works to open a
> gate, making some levels (The Cage and The Tomb, both from Enigma 1, for
> example) impossible to solve.

Fixed

> 3) Eccentric Orbits and Prison Yard (both from Enigma 2) do not seem to work
> the same way and may be broken.  The small white balls move along with the
> black marble and they didn't do this before.  I'm not sure, but the same
> thing may be happening in Seven Friends (Enigma 2).

Fixed

> 4) Two Billiard Tables (Enigma 2) is broken.  The magnets don't work.
> (Personally, I like it better this way because I can actually solve the
> level, but I know that the author of this level would find it way too easy!!!)

I activated the magnets and modified the magnets in Enigma in general
such that they are a little easier to handle.  I even managed to solve
#89 in the Enigma level pack :-)

> 5) In Fight For Your Life (Enigma 2), you can't even see the marble or the
> sword anymore in the normal mode.  Changing the graphics of this type of
> tunnel stone makes this level and several of the Sokoban levels extremely
> difficult, if not impossible.  Other levels that have this type of stone are
> also made more difficult.  Please go back to the original graphics for this
> type of tunnel stone!!!

Works fine in 800x600 and 1024x768 video modes, but I fixed the graphics
for 640x480 (and a few others also).

> 9) Fool the Watchdog (Enigma 2) is broken.  The rotor just immediately kills
> all of the white balls. (Is it my imagination, or are all of the rotors
> moving either faster or slower than they used to?)

Fixed, and yes, the rotors move at at a different speed.  This is due to
the way forces are calculated in the new version of Enigma, which is a
little different from the old version.  I consider this a bug when it
makes a level much more difficult or easy than it was before.

> 14) The "medals" button at the bottom of the screen is back, but it is not
> working.  Nothing happens when you click on it, but it should take you to the
> next unsolved level.

Fixed

> 15) Esprit 86 seems to be broken.  The top does not move at all.  (This may
> be the problem in Seven Friends from Enigma 2 as well??)

Fixed

> 16) When I down loaded the 0.90 beta version, all levels that I had completed
> in version 0.81 showed as completed with the appropriate time scores.  I have
> since improved my time on a level in version 0.81, but the new time doesn't
> register in version 0.90 beta.  Also, any levels that I completed in version
> 0.90 beta that I had not previously done, do not transfer to show as
> completed in version 0.81.  Are the records kept in a different file than
> before?

Yes, they are.  This is a little inconvenient during the testing phase,
but I hope that one 0.90 is ready and released, there won't be many
reasons to use 0.81 any more.

Thanks a lot, great bug reports as usual! :-)
Daniel