enigma-devel

Re: [Enigma-devel] Release goals, and a few other questions

From: Erich Schubert
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] Release goals, and a few other questions
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 00:28:30 +0200

Hi,
Is the up-comming release going to be 1.0?

Given that there were some significant changes, I'd make at least a
minor "release" before that and have a wider audience test it. I've
just built Debian packages for current svn and uploaded them to
experimental.
I've noticed some small things that should be fixed before a 1.0 release:

- thumbnail generation needs visual feedback. Right now, when you
first click on a level pack, enigma will hang for a few seconds
(depending on the speed of your computer, of course)
- screensavers. enigma doesn't block xscreensaver yet, it seems. I
don't know about KDE screensaver or gnome-screensaver. The latter
might have some easy to use dbus interface.

It would be good to have people re-test all levels before releasing
1.0, to avoid unsolveable levels. Maybe assign people one level pack
each, and then try to solve the hard ones in some coordinated effort.
Maybe in a wiki or so. This could also be used to obtain par times.

best regards,
Erich Schubert
--
   erich@(mucl.de|debian.org)      --      GPG Key ID: 4B3A135C    (o_
 To understand recursion you first need to understand recursion.   //\