enigma-devel

Re: [Enigma-devel] Release goals, and a few other questions

From: Ronald Lamprecht
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] Release goals, and a few other questions
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 01:10:09 +0200

Hi,

Just a first short answers concerning the reported problems:

Erich Schubert wrote:
I've noticed some small things that should be fixed before a 1.0 release:

- thumbnail generation needs visual feedback. Right now, when you
first click on a level pack, enigma will hang for a few seconds
(depending on the speed of your computer, of course)

It is still a trunk development release - the contained preview *.png are currently not used and all previews are rebuild on the first run. I am just wondering if we should generate the previews on installation of Enigma instead distributing them in the package.

- screensavers. enigma doesn't block xscreensaver yet, it seems. I
don't know about KDE screensaver or gnome-screensaver. The latter
might have some easy to use dbus interface.

This is a known bug of SDL: http://www.libsdl.org/pipermail/sdl/2006-April/073980.html
I read through the mailing list and saw that sdl is supposed to disable
screensavers by itself. It doesn't seem to disable screen blanking though.
Is this a bug?

Yes, please report it on bugzilla: http://bugzilla.libsdl.org
I'm not sure if screensaver disabling is implemented in X11.  Ryan?

        -Sam Lantinga, Senior Software Engineer, Blizzard Entertainment

- Ronald