enigma-devel

Re: [Enigma-devel] Maemo Port for Nokia Internet Tablets

From: Ronald Lamprecht
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] Maemo Port for Nokia Internet Tablets
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2008 23:12:25 +0100

Hi,

Ronald Lamprecht wrote:
I thought I had eliminated all algorithms with quadratic behaviour on the number of actors :-(

But I never checked the hollows thoroughly! Indeed I just dected by a quick code review a totally unecessary quadratic algorithm that can be replaced by a linear one. Thanks for the report!

Gosh - it can even be done in O(1) with a constant that is less a hundredth of the old algorithms constant!

I commited an unfinished patch with r1040 to the trunk. It still needs some cleanup and thorough compatibility testing. But first I am interested on the performance reports for the Maemo. The force calculation should now be dominant, but this should cause no problems if other levels with the same number of actors do perform well.

Greets,

Ronald