erw-devel

[Erw-devel] Error in documentation ? l_ vs m_ in javascript names ...

From: erw-devel
Subject: [Erw-devel] Error in documentation ? l_ vs m_ in javascript names ...
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 20:21:45 -0400

Example wrong in docs?

On the page marked 40 of the PDF documentation, or page 56 of 102 if you
go by the absolute page numbers, i.e. in the Button Hook section,

"The main list for the entity A is named l_A." and in the examples:

"if ((i = getSelectedId('l_book')) < 0)"

What worked for me is m_ rather than l_ ...

Am I accidentally hitting on something other than intended behavior or just
lucky that I started from examples rather than docs? ;-)

I am referring to the current version at http://erw.dsi.unimi.it/ERW.pdf

----

On a second note, I think the method of explaining how to chain attribute
specifiers
might be more fathomable ("The formal description above is quite unfathomable.")
if you explain how to construct them using the info in the defs files. I have
found
that to be quite useful for understanding exactly what names can be referenced,
and
am finally beginning to 'get it' without peeking at all... I noticed that if I
look
at the label/type/mand arrays, I can tell what names are in scope to start out
with
and can build from there. The documentation might be a lot more concrete for
people
with one example and then a walk through using label/type/mand where the local
names
are, and discussing whether you can use succ/pred/neighbourhood/parent to get
related info. Just trying to help think through how to explain a complex topic.

Best Regards,
Alfred