espressomd-users

ESPResSo 4.2.2 code freeze

From: Jean-Noël Grad
Subject: ESPResSo 4.2.2 code freeze
Date: Thu, 29 Feb 2024 18:44:49 +0100

Dear users,

The ESPResSo team is happy to announce that the 4.2.2 bugfix release is almost ready. All restrictions introduced on the checkpointing mechanism for MPI-parallel simulations in 4.2.0 have been lifted, severe bugs in virtual sites and inertialess tracers have been fixed, broken features in the Brownian and NpT integrators have been disabled. You can find the complete list of improvements on our wiki [1] and try out an early version of the release in the corresponding PR [2].

If you are aware of bugs or have experienced issues with libraries or compilers that are not already addressed by the 4.2.2 PR, we would be grateful if you could let us know on the mailing list or on the issue tracker until March 22 2024, so that our team can investigate and take action in time for the release.

Best regards,
Jean-Noël Grad

Links:
[1] https://github.com/espressomd/espresso/wiki/es-422-release-notes#bug-fixes