fab-user

[Fab-user] road to 0.1.0

From: Christian Vest Hansen
Subject: [Fab-user] road to 0.1.0
Date: Sat, 5 Jul 2008 18:08:14 +0200

Here's an initial road map, or plan, for what I'de like to see happen
on the way to version 0.1.0.

0.0.7 was released last early this week. The code has since then seen
a number of improvements, giving the oppotunity to release 0.0.8 next
weekend. Before then there's a number of TODO items that, if time
permits, would be nice to have, such as 6, 11 and 12.
Appart from that, there's always the web site, where the 'tutorial'
link could become a 'documentation' link & page that then links to the
tutorial, so it's easy to add more stuff later. And the 'mailing list'
could likewise become 'community' with more pointeres and text.

Personally, I'de like to skip 0.0.9, unless there's a regression in 0.0.8.

Then comes 0.1.0. This is where I'de like fabric the module to become
fabric the package, with __init__.py file and all. Even if we just
start by creating a fabric directory with an __init__.py file and move
fabric.py into that directory, I'de like to start splitting things out
a bit. fabric.py has gotten a bit large for my taste and I'm getting
tired of scrolling past that huge embedded GPL.

So, that's what I'm thinking. Any thoughts or comments?

--
Venlig hilsen / Kind regards,
Christian Vest Hansen.