fab-user

Re: [Fab-user] @hosts decorator fails in python interactive session?

From: Mike Ivanov
Subject: Re: [Fab-user] @hosts decorator fails in python interactive session?
Date: Tue, 07 Jul 2009 12:07:49 -0700

Matthew Wilson wrote:
I'm likely doing something wrong, but I can't get the hosts decorator
to behave when I use it from within an interactive session:

This is because the actual host/role expanding does not happen in decorators. Instead it happens in function main() in main.py, which means you must run fab script in order to get decorators work.

I've changed that in a fork: http://github.com/mikeias/fabric/commits/

The execute_command function introduced there is probably not thee most elegant solution but it solves the problem at least.

Cheers,
Mike