fab-user

Re: [Fab-user] Fwd: List commands by module

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [Fab-user] Fwd: List commands by module
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2010 15:34:22 -0500

On Jan 24, 2010, at 12:16 PM, Jeff Forcier wrote:

> Thoughts?

Yes, it would be good to have something like this to print out the namespace'd
stuff in an organized way; not sure when that's planned for.

Me, personally, I've already added it to my install as the default and I've
found it enormously helpful with my large and ever growing codebase.

It would be really cool to have a very simple way to add functionality like
this so people could use things like this between releases.  Plug-ins, or
whatever you want to call them.  Not sure how to hook this in.

I think I'll see if I can figure out a way to get this hooked up without having
to modify fabric's main.py (other than by monkey patching it in, I guess).  I
didn't even look to see if I was grabbing anything "internal", I just cloned
and modified the listing function.

Any thoughts on how to plug functionality like this in?