fab-user

Re: [Fab-user] Problem with start-stop-daemon

From: Christian Vest Hansen
Subject: Re: [Fab-user] Problem with start-stop-daemon
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2010 21:40:15 +0100

I would guess that your command isn't "daemonizing".

If you SSH to the server and run the command `sudo start-stop-daemon
--start --quiet --pidfile > /var/run/myapp.pid --exec
/usr/local/sbin/daemon.py` does it daemonize and give you a prompt
back immediately? Otherwise try adding a --background argument to the
start-stop-daemon command.