fab-user

[Fab-user] Code review for changes in 1.x

From: Travis Swicegood
Subject: [Fab-user] Code review for changes in 1.x
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2011 10:50:10 -0600

Howdy all;

As many of you may know, I've long had a fork of Fabric that adds some goodies in such as @task decorators and module level tasks (i.e., fab prod.deploy) and a few other things.  I've created a Pull Request on GitHub to put the code through a code review.  I'd appreciate it if everyone take a few minutes and walk through the changes.  A possibly incomplete list of tickets that are effected by these changes are listed in the description of the pull request.

https://github.com/bitprophet/fabric/pull/9

Any thoughts you have would be appreciated.  I don't think this will be the final solution for @task style task declaration, and I know it isn't the final Task object.  There's still a lot to add/refactor before this is through.  The changes in this pull request are meant as a first step, and as such are entirely backwards compatible.

Thanks for your help in getting this code vetted.
-T

P.S.  Please comment on the Pull Request (on specific lines of code where appropriate) rather than here.  Make it easier to change if the discussion is centered around code.