fab-user

[Fab-user] encountered a a bug in Fabric 1.0.1

From: Yuhan Zhang
Subject: [Fab-user] encountered a a bug in Fabric 1.0.1
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2011 15:27:49 -0700

Hi all,

My task is to run Xvfb in the background using:
    run("sudo nohup Xvfb :1 -screen 0 1024x1024x24 &");

This works in Fabric 0.9.0 and but not 1.0.1.

All other tasks are working fine. I think it is a bug, but also suspect that some setting
may be on my machine. I used pip to install fabric on both machines by:

sudo apt-get install python-pip phyton-dev
sudo pip install fabric

Is there a work around or some other required setting to run a process in the background
through Fabric?

Thank you.

Yuhan