fab-user

Re: [Fab-user] Status update

From: Jeff Forcier
Subject: Re: [Fab-user] Status update
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2011 17:08:54 -0700

On Sun, Jun 12, 2011 at 2:07 PM, address@hidden
<address@hidden> wrote:

> Adjusting the "chunk-size" on tickets would help too.  Some of them are more
> like debate/discussion forums.

Yea, this is a known issue (heh. get it? ugh.) and something I
constantly struggle with. Especially lately I've been better at
noticing that I'm jotting down a bulleted list of some kind, and going
"No! Bad Jeff! Make individual tickets!".

Some things occasionally *do* justify a "big ticket" because there's
no one clear action to take, or stuff is debatable...but even those
could be broken down into "Decide first step approach to X",
"Implement <that first step>", and "Notes for later releases". Again,
emphasis on "less waffling, more releasing".

> This might be a good time to condense some of the (incredibly) long tickets
> cum discussion forums down to actionable chunks/actual tickets.

Agreed. Would also be a good time for aforementioned bucket
consolidation (née labels) so I may try to just do both at the same
time...but again it'll take a bit of thought. (mostly comes down to
"lock Redmine and just start making new stuff on GH" vs "try to import
Redmine's data into GH"...and there's a bunch of pros/cons about
either.)

--
Jeff Forcier
Unix sysadmin; Python/Ruby engineer