fab-user

[Fab-user] Github migration imminent

From: Jeff Forcier
Subject: [Fab-user] Github migration imminent
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2011 00:29:05 -0700

Hi all,

I'm nearly done testing the Github migration script, and have a full
copy of the Redmine data (as much as makes sense to preserve) on a
test repository on Github, here:

    https://github.com/fabric/issuetest/issues

If you could spot-check that to help sanity-check my own testing, I'd
appreciate it. I'm hoping to run the final migration against
fabric/fabric by the end of the week (get this over with!) but did
want to offer at least a day or so for feedback before I do.

To keep in mind:

* There's one known bug: "duplicates" vs "duplicated by" in relation
lists is swapped around. Will fix.
* The Redmine categories "UI" and "CLI" have been intentionally merged
into just one "UI" label.
* Redmine's "Target Version" now simply translates to "1.x" or "2.x"
labels (no more 1.2 1.3 1.4 etc), or a specific milestone if the
ticket is closed.
* The Redmine priorities "Wart" and "Quick" are copied over as labels,
but the others (Normal/High/Low) are not.

Again -- I hope to finalize this in the next few days, and then get
back to feature work: merging Morgan Goose's multiprocessing-driven
parallel execution branch and releasing it + friends as Fabric 1.3;
fixing some of the more painful bugs that have been floating around
and releasing bugfix versions for 1.0-1.2; and onwards from there.

I will post another more detailed message when the issue migration
actually takes place.

Thanks,
Jeff

--