fab-user

Re: [Fab-user] Pycrypto 2.4.1 breaks Cygwin

From: David Chandek-Stark
Subject: Re: [Fab-user] Pycrypto 2.4.1 breaks Cygwin
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2011 16:11:44 +0000

Well, after some further experimentation, I'm thinking it's best to stay on the
Fabric 1.2.x branch.  Using the Cygwin packages for pycrypto (2.0.1) and
paramiko (1.7.6) seems to work more consistently.

--D

----
This is probably really an issue for the ssh and pycrypto packages, but it's
relevant to Fabric users.

Installing Fabric 1.3.2 requires ssh>=1.7.8 which requires pycrypto>=2.1,
!=2.4.  Installing this today with pip pulls down pycrypto 2.4.1, which appears
to install properly on Cygwin, but it leads to "unable to remap" errors that
can't be fixed by rebaseall on my system.  Downgrading to pycrypto 2.3 seems to
take care of the problem.

--D