fab-user

Re: [Fab-user] fabric branch versions

From: Jeff Forcier
Subject: Re: [Fab-user] fabric branch versions
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2011 15:12:55 -0800

Hey Leo,

First off, questions like this should go to the mailing list -- it'll
make it easier for everybody since others can both see & reply to the
conversation :) I've cc'd it here; hope that's ok.

On Wed, Nov 16, 2011 at 2:48 PM, Leo Shklovskii <address@hidden> wrote:

> I understand that bugfixes are ported to all of the different branches, but
> I can't seem to find documentation on what the different branches actually
> are (ie. what's the difference between 1.0.x, 1.1.x, 1.2.x and 1.3.x - or
> are they all actually the exact same bits?).

Due to how releases work (as outlined in the development docs page)
the difference between minor releases is simply "all Feature items
between the respective releases." Look between 1.(N).0 and 1.(N+1).0;
the green "Feature" items is the effective changelog for anybody
looking to do that +1 upgrade.

For example, look at 1.2.0 and then 1.3.0. Between those lines there's
just two [Feature] items (parallel and execute()) and that's what was
released in 1.3.

It's harder for 1.0.x because this style was added between 1.1 and
1.2, but applies going forwards.

The setup is still experimental and needs iteration. Looking at it
from your perspective, I think making the minor releases stand out
from everything else would probably help significantly; possibly for
the Feature lines too.

Do you think that would help? If not, what else would make this easier
to read, besides the (too much effort :() approach of keeping multiple
differently formatted lists?

Best,
Jeff

--