fab-user

Re: [Fab-user] How to pass sudo passwords

From: Alex Stapleton
Subject: Re: [Fab-user] How to pass sudo passwords
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2012 12:50:46 +0000

On 30/01/12 23:30, Jacqueline Atkins wrote:
Hi Everyone;

I was wondering how you all solve the issue of being prompted for sudo
passwords?  I do not want to set users up with "NOPASSWORD" in the
sudoers file and I also do not want to send any plain text passwords.
So, I was wondering if you all could point me ot a starting point?

Thank you!

Perhaps something like this PAM module is more like what you want?

http://pamsshagentauth.sourceforge.net/

This is *not* libpam-ssh in Debian.

I'm not sure how much this differs in practice from just running with password login disabled on sshd and giving your users NOPASSWD though. Of course running random PAM modules is perhaps less-optimal than just living with NOPASSWD and forced key authentication.