fab-user

Re: [Fab-user] Setting the log level causes fabric to complain with 'No

From: Chris Withers
Subject: Re: [Fab-user] Setting the log level causes fabric to complain with 'No handlers could be found for logger "ssh.transport"'
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2012 08:21:02 +0100

Hi Jeff,

On 29/03/2012 17:04, Jeff Forcier wrote:
On Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 7:19 AM, Daniel Gonzalez<address@hidden>  wrote:

I would like to get rid of this annoying error message: "No handlers could
be found for logger "ssh.transport""
The problem happens when setting the log level (setLevel).

This is an issue with one of our dependencies, ssh/paramiko:

     https://github.com/fabric/fabric/issues/51

I believe you can force ssh's log entries to get logged instead of
warn, by running logging.basicConfig(), which (my logging-fu is weak
right now) probably takes care of setting up a default handler for all
streams.

I've had this error too, and in fact I think I opened a bug about it.
The problem is that if you're running fab from the commandline, it's fab that should be setting up a logger...

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk