fab-user

Re: [Fab-user] append() with multi-line strings

From: Thomas Güttler
Subject: Re: [Fab-user] append() with multi-line strings
Date: Wed, 02 Oct 2013 11:36:21 +0200

Thank your answer.

We (me and some colleagues) had false ideas about what fabric is.

Fabric uses only shell tools at the remote host.

I don't trust shell scripts.

Fabric is good. But in the future we are only using it to call commands,
and not more.

Our usage:

 0. Connect to remote host, open ssh tunnel
 1. install or update our deploy module (with pip, via ssh tunnel to our custom
pypi-server)
 2. run a command of our deploy module

We try to avoid append() and other things that modify files.

Fabric is good. It is just not the thing we first thought is would be.

 Regards,
   Thomas