fab-user

[Fab-user] Fabric hanging on mysql data import

From: Lachlan Cannon
Subject: [Fab-user] Fabric hanging on mysql data import
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2013 16:03:58 +1000

Hi,

I'm currently writing deployment scripts to create a new environment in the rackspace cloud, which involves creating the servers with pyrax, and then configuring them using fabric. First time using fabric, by the way, and I love it. So simple and clean to get up and running. However, I'm having a problem where, after downloading the latest database dump to a server, the import is hanging. That is, it successfully completes, but the fabric script never continues. Logging in to the server verifies that the data has all finished importing, and that there is no activity within mysql, and running the same command myself on the command line executes and finishes perfectly.

The output is:

Versions are:
Python 2.7.4
Fabric 1.8.0
Paramiko 1.11.1
and I'm using Fabric as a library from within my own script.

The database file itself is 20GB and take a while to import -- I'm wondering if this might be causing the issue, and if there's anything I can do to mitigate it?

Thanks for your time.
--
Lachlan Cannon