fab-user

Re: [Fab-user] Best way to sort and maintain a list of server ?

From: Kevin Horn
Subject: Re: [Fab-user] Best way to sort and maintain a list of server ?
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2014 11:54:24 -0600

I had a similar situation once, and what I did was to define a mapping with servers as the keys and a list of groups as the values. e.g.

group_map = {
   'serv1' = ['group1', 'group2'],
   'serv2' = ['group2', group3],
}

Then I wrote a function to "reverse" that mapping (generate the mapping that roledefs expects) and assigned the result to roledefs, e.g.

env.roledefs = map_flipper(group_map)

the definition of map_flipper is left to the reader, but it isn't difficult.

Good luck!