fab-user

Re: [Fab-user] Best way to sort and maintain a list of server ?

From: Vincent Barillere
Subject: Re: [Fab-user] Best way to sort and maintain a list of server ?
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2014 09:37:33 +0100

Hi,

Unfortunately servers from different host
er
 so I can not use a tag system but the
mapping
solution looks interesting.

Thanks for your helps.

Regards,

Vincent

2014/1/3 William Salt <address@hidden>

Hi Vincent,

You could look at using boto and ec2 tags, but i find them somewhat inflexible.
Instead, i use chef for basic service discovery, and apply roles to nodes. You can then search for nodes woth a role in an environment.
The pychef library has fabric integration too.

Regards
Will

Hi,

First of all I wish you a happy new year.

I have my trouble to easily maintain about 70 servers placed in different groups.

Currently I have a separate file that I import but it is not very practical because a server can be found in different groups when adding a server so I need to add in the different groups.

Do you have any tips to sort and simply maintain a list of server
in fabric
?

Example of my servers.py :

# coding: utf-8