fab-user

Re: [Fab-user] Bugfix releases

From: Thomas Güttler
Subject: Re: [Fab-user] Bugfix releases
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2014 11:43:23 +0100

Am 24.12.2013 23:52, schrieb Jeff Forcier:
Happy post-winter-solstice holiday season, folks!

Thank you. You hope you had a happy holiday.

* Fabric 2 alpha groundbreaking

I had a look at the roadmap:

http://docs.fabfile.org/en/latest/roadmap.html

but could not find an answer to my questions:

Will future versions allow to run python scripts on the remote site?
Or somehow "feel" more python than remote shell scripting?

I know that I can put() a temporary python file to the remote site, and then
run('python ...').
I understand that not all remote machines have python available (example a
remote embedded box
which just runs busybox). But in my context all remote machines have python.

Thank you for Fabric,

   Thomas