fab-user

[Fab-user] Automating commands witin an open_shell session ?

From: yon ar c'hall
Subject: [Fab-user] Automating commands witin an open_shell session ?
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2014 14:29:08 +0100

Hi all,

Here's my environment : connecting via ssh into a cli session (a kind
of very poor proprietary shell). From there, lauching a Bourne shell
session, running some commands, eventually "su-ing" for running some
other commands as root.

The only Fabric operation that worked for me in that lousy environment
is open_shell, with the help of which I was able to interact via the
terminal.

However, I'd like to automatize my whole open_shell session through a
script (including sending the root password - yeah, I know, it's bad).
Not sure it matches its philosophy, but does Fabric provide a way of
doing that ?

Thanks,
-Yon