fab-user

[Fab-user] Trouble running ad-hoc commands w/o having to re-enter passwo

From: Waldbieser, Carl
Subject: [Fab-user] Trouble running ad-hoc commands w/o having to re-enter password for each host.
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2014 11:16:33 -0400 (EDT)

Sometimes, I want to just run an ad-hoc shell command on multiple hosts that
requires elevated privileges.  E.g. I might want to grep a couple logs that are
not world-readable.

    (fabenv)address@hidden fabrications]$ pip freeze
    Fabric==1.9.0
    ecdsa==0.11
    paramiko==1.14.0
    pycrypto==2.6.1
    wsgiref==0.1.2
    (fabenv)address@hidden fabrications]$ type fab
    fab is hashed (/home/waldbiec/projects/python/virt_envs/fabenv/bin/fab)
    (fabenv)address@hidden fabrications]$ fab -H ldap4,ldap5 -- sudo echo 'a
test'
    [ldap4] Executing task '<remainder>'
    [ldap4] run: sudo echo a test
    [ldap4] out: [sudo] password for waldbiec:
    [ldap4] out: a test
    [ldap4] out:

    [ldap5] Executing task '<remainder>'
    [ldap5] run: sudo echo a test
    [ldap5] out: [sudo] password for waldbiec:
    [ldap5] out: a test
    [ldap5] out:

    Done.
    Disconnecting from ldap4... done.
    Disconnecting from ldap5... done.
    (fabenv)address@hidden fabrications]$

So I had to type my password in 2 times, even though it is the same on each of
the 2 servers.  Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,
Carl Waldbieser
ITS Systems Programmer
Lafayette College