fab-user

Re: [Fab-user] existing SSH tunnel

From: Carlos García
Subject: Re: [Fab-user] existing SSH tunnel
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2014 09:42:23 +0100

Hi Martin

Have you tried to connect directly using SSH? Looks like the tunnel is not working. Try:

ssh -p 3333 localhost

Please, check the listen IP of sshd daemon in the client machine. If it's not listening in localhost, you should change the tunnel command (set listen_ip):

sudo ssh -R *:3333:listen_ip:22 address@hidden -i keyfile.pem -N

Regards

Hi Carlos,

I'm relieved to hear that this is feasible.

While testing option 1 I always get the same response on the remote machine:

No handlers could be found for logger "paramiko.transport"

Fatal error: Error reading SSH protocol banner

Underlying exception:
    Error reading SSH protocol banner

and this the local output.

connect_to localhost port 22: failed.

The reverse tunnel is initiated with this command on the local machine

sudo ssh -R *:3333:localhost:22 address@hidden -i keyfile.pem -N

"GatewayPorts yes" in /etc/ssh/sshd_config is set.
And this is the fab command

fab -H localhost --port 3333 tester

Thank you for your help!