fastcgipp-users

[Fastcgipp-users] GET data ending up in POST

From: Eddie Carle
Subject: [Fastcgipp-users] GET data ending up in POST
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 2010 20:48:29 -0700

So I was testing things out with the new merge and noticed that the GET data ends up in the POST array from request.cpp:235. Are you sure this is safe? There is nothing stopping a GET var and a POST var from having the same name. Plus query strings don't have to have the structure that is expected. Shouldn't there be a separate mechanism to handle GET data? Perhaps something the user would have to call explicitly as we can't distinguish query string formats in the same way we can distinguish post data types (contentType variable). Or perhaps I am misinterpreting this? Is this separation something we were discussing before? I can't really recall but now that I think about it this seems king of familiar.

Also I was just reading through your code http:(516-518) and now understand the issue that was referred with that + sign versus space thing so you can ignore my previous question.
--
Eddie Carle

This message has been signed with an RFC4880 signature. It is guaranteed to have originated from Eddie Carle and its contents can be validated against its signature.