femlisp-user

[femlisp-user] Installation problem

From: Nicolas Neuss
Subject: [femlisp-user] Installation problem
Date: 01 Feb 2007 14:22:42 +0100

"Huang Jianshi" <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi, Dr. Neuss
>
> I failed to post it to femlisp's mailing list so I decide to write to
> you directly. I hope it won't bother you much.

The femlisp-user list requires subscription.  This is necessary, because
otherwise spam would seriously disturb its usefulness.

> About the problem:
>
> I successfully built femlisp using 'make' but error occurred when I
> want to load it by asdf. Here's the error code:
>
> Here's the error code
>
> "
> The file "/Users/huangjianshi/basic/debug.lisp" does not exist.
> "
>
> I put femlisp in the folder ~/.sbcl/site/

You probably did not configure Femlisp correctly (make configure).  Look at
the script

~/.sbcl/site/femlisp/bin/femlisp

There is probably a line

FEMLISP_DIR=/Users/huangjianshi

which you should modify to

FEMLISP_DIR=~/.sbcl/site/femlisp

> I then changed the current directory of SBCL to the src/ folder, it
> started to load but there were some other errors and finally came with
> 1 fatal error.
>
> So could you tell me how to make it asdf-loadable in SBCL?

Which SBCL and which Femlisp version are you using?

> Best,
> Huang

Yours, Nicolas