flexisip-developers

Re: Flexisip Questions

From: Brian J. Murrell
Subject: Re: Flexisip Questions
Date: Tue, 04 Feb 2020 11:14:24 -0500

On Tue, 2020-02-04 at 16:44 +0200, George Mina wrote:
> 1. Is it possible to change the default port for the server? If yes,
> how? The default port for me is currently 5060.

I don't use flexisip any more but I do recall there was a way.

> 2. How can I stop unwanted & spam registration attempts?

Don't connect it to the Internet.  That is the only way.  Anything else
(i.e. changing port numbers, etc.) is just:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Security_through_obscurity

The only other option is to tunnel it either inside a VPN or TLS.  Not
sure if flexisip supports the latter (i.e. client certificate
authentication/encryption).

Cheers,
b.