[fluid-dev] [Fwd: Hello]

From: Josh Green
Subject: [fluid-dev] [Fwd: Hello]
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 11:03:14 -0700

Somehow this email didn't get to the FluidSynth devel list. Trying again..
-------

Hello. Its been quiet, hope I'm still subscribed :) Well I'm back in
California now from my travels in Germany and would like to release a
new version of FluidSynth soon. It contains some minor fixes (most major
being the crash with SoundFont files containing ROM samples) and some
improvements to minimize clicking from volume envelope release and
filter turn off optimization which I just checked into CVS.

I looked a little into implementing a bank override option for loading
SoundFont files on the stack, that someone requested. I don't think I
have time to implement this cleanly right now. The best way I see this
feature being implemented is to have a "bank map" for each loaded
SoundFont. So one could say do a command like:

So after loading a SoundFont that has its instruments in bank 0, you
could load a second one and then "bankmap 1 0=1" to map the second
SoundFont's bank 0 to bank 1. This command would allow multiple maps for
the same SoundFont.

Its probably best for this to wait till next API version release, since
some API calls will need to be added for manipulating the bank mapping,
etc.

Markus, Peter, any ideas of the best way to do this? I was thinking it
should probably be done above the sfloader, so that any sfloader would
benefit from this feature. Cheers.
        Josh Green

P.S. Unless there are any objections I will release a new version of
FluidSynth soon. I set the minimum volume envelope release to about 16
milliseconds. There is still a bit of a "thud" sound at this release
with some instruments, but its much better than the hi-frequency clicks
before. With a sine wave I tested I could not get the thud to go away
till about 80 or 90ms, which I think is too much.