Re: [fluid-dev] MIDI stutters when I move windows

From: Florian Schmidt
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] MIDI stutters when I move windows
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 19:02:36 +0100

On Thu, 20 Nov 2003 14:53:17 -0300
Menteco <address@hidden> wrote:

> Debian site has no lowlatency patches for kernel 2.6 so I think they
> are included.

i don't know if they maybe refer to the preemptive patches. those are
two disjunct set of patches. which can be applied to the same kernel
though [i'm running vanilla 2.4.22 patched with andrews pacthes, teh
capabilities patch and the preemp patch]. check, the jack faq for some
hints on LL kernels [i think it has some links to the relevant sites]. I
didn't try 2.6.x though yet, so i don't know what's included..

> I got this output:
> $ jackstart
> jackstart: not running suid root, can't use capabilities
>     (currently running with uid=1000 and euid=1000),
>     make jackstart suid root or start jackd directly
> What should I do here?

yes, jackstart should be suid root. "make install" should have done that
for you though [if you compiled from source]..

> Can Fluidsynth play a MIDI file directly without using KMid, so I can
> configure Mozilla to play MIDI with it?

yes, i think so, just pass it the filename on the commandline. or look
up the options [man fluidsynth]..

Flo