[fluid-dev] initialFilterFC question

From: Antoine Schmitt
Subject: [fluid-dev] initialFilterFC question
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 11:40:21 +0200

Hi fluid-devels,
a user of the fluidXtra, built on fluidsynth v1.0.3 (last year) reports that changing the value of the generator 8 (initialFilterFc) does not affect the signal. The signal is only affected when for example a modulator that affects the FilterCutoff is also changed, like modLfoToFilterFc (generator 10). He says that other soundfont editors allow for filterCutoff tuning. And checking the SF2.1 specs seems to point this way too. On the other hand, the default values for the initialFC is specified to be 13500, which would mean that the filter affects the signal by default, which would be a strange idea. Finally, actually polling the initial value of the initialFC returns 1500 instead of 13500. Could someone shed some light of this issue for me ? I looked around in the code, but got a bit lost. So I don't know if this is a special interpretation of the SF2.1 specs, a bug in version 1.0.3 that has been corrected now, a misunderstanding on my side (and my user's) of the SF2.1 specs, or something that I should do at a client level (in the Xtra) to ask the synth to take generator 8 into account.
Thanks !
--

++ as