Re: [fluid-dev] fluidsynth-1.0.4-2: Jack problem

From: Ebrahim Mayat
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] fluidsynth-1.0.4-2: Jack problem
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2004 22:56:08 +0200

On Aug 6, 2004, at 12:15 PM, Peter Hanappe wrote:

Hi all,

I uploaded version fluidsynth-1.0.4-2 to http://savannah.gnu.org.

Fixes:
- Silent notes problem. Thanks for Gerald Pye for his help and
  all others for their patience.
- Includes Ken Ellinwood's fix for the bank select (MSB) message.
- Applied Rui Nuno Capela's patch for Jack autoconnect

Todo (urgent stuff):
- Integrate Ken Ellinwood's proposition for bank offsets
- Apply Solaris patch

Cheers,

Hello all

I tried the new FS. Works fine with CoreAudio but if I start Jack beforehand I cannot start the MidiShare driver:

fluidsynth: error: Couldn't find the requested midi driver
Failed to create the MIDI thread; no MIDI input
will be available. You can access the synthesizer
through the console.

The subsequent noteon events are also distorted when run through Jack.

Ebrahim