Re: [fluid-dev] Sequencer Client

From: Josh Green
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Sequencer Client
Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2005 11:04:24 -0800

On Fri, 2005-02-04 at 12:04 +0000, John Matthews wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to use the fluid_sequencer interface.
>
> I'm trying to use it under both windows and linux.   It works
> perfectly under windows, but I cannot make it work under linux.  Is
> anybody successfully using it under linux?  Particularly using oss
> drivers?
>
>  I cannot even get the example sequencer code at
> http://www.toncat.de/fluidsynth/ to work under Linux - it segfaults.
> ( the same code works on windows).
>
> Valgrind's corecheck outputs the following :-
>
> Thread 2:
> thread_wrapper: invalid attr->__detatchstate
> at 0x3AC50A89: pthread_error (vg_libpthread.c:382)
> by 0x3AC5189E: thread_wrapper (vg_libpthread.c:838)
> by 0xB000EFE3: do__quit (vg_scheduler.c:1872)
>
> Would appreciate it if anyone using the sequencer on linux would reply
> so that I know if it should work!
>
> Thanks,
>
> John.

I just gave the sequencer example program a shot at that web address,
seems to work fine for me (lots of bells heard).  I'm using CVS, but I
don't think there are much changes since 1.0.5.  Also, I'm using ALSA
drivers which could make a difference.  I wonder if that output from
valgrind is the actual crash, or an error that occurs when thread 2 is
terminated after another thread crashes?  Have you tried building
Fluidsynth with debugging support and getting a gdb back trace?
        Best regards,
        Josh Green