Re: Fw: [fluid-dev] Sequencer Client

From: Josh Green
Subject: Re: Fw: [fluid-dev] Sequencer Client
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2005 23:33:29 -0800

On Tue, 2005-02-08 at 16:48 +0000, John Matthews wrote:
> Changing instances of SCHED_FIFO to SCHED_OTHER in fluid_sys.c make the
> program work.  As i really know nothing about pthreads and stuff, can
> anybody shed any light as to why SCHED_FIFO doesn't work?  I am running it
> as root.
>
> John.

Hmm, I'm not too sure myself why this would happen.  What version of
pthreads are you using (its likely packaged with glibc, so in that case,
what version of glibc?)  Do you have problems with SCHED_FIFO with other
apps?

Make sure that the traceback you got from gdb isn't a gdb break after
SIG32.  I often end up having to disable stopping of the program on
SIG32, to make things less annoying.

(gdb) handle SIG32 nostop noprint pass

I think I recall something about pthreads relying on signals for certain
tasks (not sure exactly what those are).  Looking at the man pages for
sigsuspend and sigpending, it sounds like the thread has gone to sleep
and is waiting for a signal (which apparently never arrives).

Wish I could help more, but nothing comes to mind at this point.
Perhaps it has something to do with the pthreads lib you are using, or
some incompatibility with the way FluidSynth is doing things.
        Josh