Re: [fluid-dev] Clicking, continued

From: Josh Green
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Clicking, continued
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 18:22:10 -0800

On Thu, 2005-02-10 at 13:44 -0500, address@hidden wrote:
> Hi again. Sorry, I was away for a while.

> Thanks for the suggestions, Josh. I tried buffer settings all the way up to a
> buffer size of 8192 and buffer count of 64, with no luck. The clicks happen
> just as often (almost always very sparse) and just as unpredictably as they
> do when the buffer size is 128 and the count is 3. Also, I'd already tried
> different sample rates, and that doesn't seem to affect it either. And yes, I
> have been running fluidsynth as root.
>
> So my guess now is that it's either the ALSA driver for this sound card or
> the
> sound card itself.
>
> I just wish I knew more about DSP and realtime programming so I could debug
> this myself. Does anyone here have any ideas for simple tests I can do
> determine the source of this frustrating problem?
>
> Thanks,
> Paul

Do you get the same results when using other programs?  (Give aplay a
try, which comes with ALSA).  Are there differences between using OSS
emulation and native ALSA?  I don't recall what sound card you are
using, but have you checked to see if any other users are experiencing
the same problems with that sound card?  Thats about all I can think of
for now.  Kind regards,
        Josh Green