Re: [fluid-dev] M2496 M-audio

From: Garett Shulman
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] M2496 M-audio
Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 13:57:29 -0600

I can let you know the asoundrc I use for fluid and ice1712 later this evening.
Also, there are some examples here:
http://alsa.opensrc.org/index.php?page=1712+.asoundrc
and here:
http://www.alsa-project.org/alsa-doc/doc-php/template.php?module=ice1712#aso
There is another wiki, but I can't seem to find it.

However, I would try just:

pcm.ice1712 {
 type hw
 card 2
}
pcm.fluid_convert {
 type plug
 slave ice1712
}

-Garett

Dave Serls wrote:

On Wed, 11 May 2005 12:02:36 -0600
Garett Shulman <address@hidden> wrote:

Hey Dave, the 2496 hardware outs use sample rate of 48000. You need to either setup a plug device in asoundrc and point fluidsynth at that or point fluidsynth to plughw:0,0 instead of hw:0,0 (or whatever your card numbers are).
HTH. -Garett

Dave Serls wrote:

I'm trying to test my M-audio 2496 Audiophile with fluidsynth.
Other cards on this system (Mandrake 10.1, ALSA 1.0.8) work ok.
The M-Audio appears to want some other format -- I think I have it
set to 44100 .

The error is:
fluidsynth: error: Failed to find a workable audio format
Failed to create the audio driver

Do I need some plugin or .asoundrc entry??
Thanks for any assistance.

 Well, I'm trying something like that.
 I've never seen any decent documentation on this and don't
 know which end is input here.

 Now I get 4 messages of "slave PCM not useable" using

pcm.ice1712 {
 type hw
 card 2
}