[fluid-dev] Re: Fluid Synth 1.03 and FS 1.03wn32

From: Josh Green
Subject: [fluid-dev] Re: Fluid Synth 1.03 and FS 1.03wn32
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 18:39:38 -0700

On Thu, 2005-08-25 at 18:24 +0100, Dix Justin wrote:
> Hello Josh
>
> Found Fluid Synth after searching for synthesisers. Have downloaded FS1.0
> which seems to be all there in terms of commands etc., but not being a
> programmer, can't see the magic 'run' or 'execute' command. I am running
> Windows XP Home Edition. I would like to take the easy way out and use Fluid
> Synth 1.03 wn32, but can't find a download site, just mention of it under
> 'news'.
>
> Could you give me a pointer to getting Fluid Synth 1.0 running, and/or give
> me a link to download Fluid Synth WN 32?
>
> Cheers
>
> Justin A. Dix

Hello, I'm CC'ing the FluidSynth mailing list just in case anyone else
has some ideas.  I'm currently the maintainer of FluidSynth, but have
neglected the windows build.  The latest version is fluidsynth-1.0.6.
I'm planning on building some of my other projects for win32 in the near
future, so I'll see about making a win32 package of the latest version
then.  FluidSynth by itself has a command line interface only (the
fluidsynth command).  There are several front end programs for
FluidSynth, though.  Although I'm not sure which ones run on Windows (if
any).  I'd check out some of the links on the http://www.fluidsynth.org
web site under the Applications section.  I know at some point I'll get
the development version of Swami running on Windows, but that won't be
until its actually released for Linux.  So for now you may need to just
wait until I or someone else releases a win32 package, or you could give
it a try yourself.
        Best regards,
        Josh Green