Re: [fluid-dev] Re: Changes checked into CVS

From: Josh Green
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Re: Changes checked into CVS
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2006 16:28:52 +0000

Your dithering patch at this point isn't complete, so I wanted to get it
right before next release :)  Therefore, returning to this discussion..

On Fri, 2006-11-24 at 21:19 +0200, Mihail Zenkov wrote:

> Yes you right, but in case without roundf we have two time bigger
> amplitude and imho bigger THD (i see it when compare spectrum in
> audacity). See attach to more undersend.

Sounds like it would be good to use roundf.  I'll need to add
a ./configure detection for it though, since I imagine it wont be
available on Windows and possibly OSX?  Not sure.  I was thinking of
just making a macro like:

#define FLUID_ROUNDF   roundf

Which gets defined if roundf is truly available.  Any ideas of a
semi-efficient equivalent that could be used in place of this macro if
roundf() is not available?  I suppose it does not need to be as good as
roundf, just as long as it is improving things in regards to dithering.

> > Yeah, I'll throw together some example.  Its not related to your patch
> > though.  If you wanted to check it out though, I'd be happy to provide
> > an example case.
>
> I interested in better sound quality. If i can help - i try.

Haven't gotten around to this just yet.

Best regards,
        Josh