Re: [fluid-dev] Windows build

From: Josh Green
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Windows build
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2007 10:43:59 -0700

On Mon, 2007-09-17 at 16:12 +0200, Bernhard Schelling wrote:
> Hi Again
>
> > There are a few changes which were required to make these builds possible.
> > In the DSP I added the files for aufile, dspfloat and removed strtok
> > which doesn't exist anymore but is still referenced in the DSP.
> > For the source itself a few changes were necessary for getting it built
> > under the standards incompatible VC6 compiler.
> > - changed some of the "#include "config.h"" to "#include
> > "fluidsynth_priv.h"" - obviously required on systems without HAVE_CONFIG_H
> > - removed all inline keywords (used for 4 static inline functions) - not
> > supported for non C++ C code in VC6
>
> Oh, and I forgot... I also had to change the "long long" used in
> fluid_phase.h.
> Maybe you meant that before with "After making a few changes to ... and some
> source files" - but here's what I changed anyway:
>
> Added directly on top of fluid_phase.h (only useful as long as 64 bit
> integers are only used there):
>
> #ifndef _WIN32
> typedef long long signed64;
> typedef unsigned long long unsigned64;
> #else
> typedef __int64 signed64;
> typedef unsigned __int64 unsigned64;
> #endif
>
> And changed the 4 "unsigned long long" to "unsigned64"

Hmm, I hadn't made that change actually.  I've been considering moving
to using the glib utility library, since it has a lot of compatibility
macros/defines which could help in this situation.  I'm not sure what
that would entail with the VC/VS builds though.  Any thoughts on that?
I might save that sort of change though for a forked development branch.

Of note is that I made some recent changes in regards to fluid_phase.h.
In particular, the long long 64 bit integer stuff is now always used (it
was an optional thing before).

> That should be everything.
>
> Bye,
> Bernhard