[fluid-dev] Eq ; Program names

From: O. P. Martin
Subject: [fluid-dev] Eq ; Program names
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2008 11:11:22 -0800

Hi, Josh, et al,

How are you?

1. I have been using fluid for a while now, thank you, and I had noticed a problem with the EQ. There seems to be too much treble and not enough bass. This font has always sounded fine on any of the past soundblaster cards including the current one. The problem is so fatiguing to the ear that I find myself avoiding registrations that include the high end. It is a pipe organ font, but things are the same with the other fonts. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

2. Coming up, I am going to want to retrieve the program name text for a particular patch, but I don't remember seeing an api for this ? Maybe this could be combined with a mechanism for enumerating the available bank / program numbers available in a font.

Thank you in advance for any help.

May the Lord bless you,
Philip