[fluid-dev] using channel 9

From: Felix Krause
Subject: [fluid-dev] using channel 9
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 17:41:22 +0100

Hi all,

I use fluidsynth with shell commands, and I have two basic problems with it:

- when I load a SoundFont, channel 9 is not assigned an instrument. I know that this is the percussion channel, but I have no experience with midis, and so I have no idea how to enable this channel to play a normal instrument.

- I can't get spaces in a path as argument for the load command. Adding a backslash in front of every space doesn't work. Quoting the whole path doesn't work. Is there any possibility for using spaces in a path?

My environment is MacOSX 10.5.5 Intel.

The second problem is not that bad, but I'll be really thankful for a solution on the first one.

Cheers,

Felix