Re: [fluid-dev] fluidsynth with jack: one channel per MIDI instrument

From: Ebrahim Mayat
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] fluidsynth with jack: one channel per MIDI instrument
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 08:03:46 -0400

On Wed, 2009-06-17 at 06:16 +0200, laurent schwartz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can we define or set one jack audio channel output per MIDI instrument
> used ?
>
> It could allow me to apply a custom effect on each instrument.
>
> Is there a plan to develop this functionality ?

In addition to Pedro's suggestion, you can also try running multiple
instances of fluidsynth as shown below and then assign each fluidsynth
instance to a specific track in your JACK-enabled sequencer. Choose the
MIDI instrument channel for each instance. Then you can direct specific
effects sends and/or apply custom controllers to selected sequencer
tracks.

$ fluidsynth -a jack -j

$ fluidsynth -a jack -o audio.jack.id=fluidsynth2 -p fluidsynth2 -j

$ fluidsynth -a jack -o audio.jack.id=fluidsynth3 -p fluidsynth3 -j