Re: [fluid-dev] fluid_sequencer_t funkiness

From: josh
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] fluid_sequencer_t funkiness
Date: Sat, 03 Oct 2009 16:47:11 -0700

Glad you figured it out. Out of curiosity, will you be making your Python binding available?

Cheers!

Josh

Quoting Corbin Simpson <address@hidden>:
On 10/03/2009 03:38 AM, Louis B. wrote:
I think you have hit the same problem that I hit when I integrating to
fluidsynth (regarding the no sound anyway)  .You need to send a
programme change event before you hear any sound.

this is what I do as workaround in my initialisation routines but it
really should
fixed within the fluidsynth library.

    for (int channel = 0; channel < MAX_MIDI_CHANNELS ; channel++)
    {
        //fluid_synth_program_select(m_synth, channel, m_soundFontId,
0, GM_PIANO_PATCH);
        fluid_synth_program_change(m_synth, channel, GM_PIANO_PATCH);
        }

This is not required with the stand alone fluidsynth. I don't know
about about the alsa lock up though.

Problem solved. Corrupt soundfont caused state corruption and I wasn't
correctly checking soundfont loading errors.

Embarrassing.

On the plus side, I appear to have all the functionality I need now.
Thanks for the time.

~ c.