Re: [fluid-dev] Trying to compile for iPhone

From: Zegelin Peter
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Trying to compile for iPhone
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 20:55:41 +1100

My son actually got fluidSynth working on the iPhone over a year ago. Not sure how he did it though, or which version of fluidsynth was used. FluidSynth played midis really well in the Simulator but on the iPhone it was pretty bad. Dropped notes everywhere. I think the thing is a bit under powered for midi/fluidsynth. I seem to recall things improved a bit with a small soundfont and simple midis, but still not great. I'll be interested to see how it goes for you!

Peter