Re: [fluid-dev] including FluidSynth 1.0.9 in an application

From: josh
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] including FluidSynth 1.0.9 in an application
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2009 21:30:00 -0800

Hello Stefan,

Quoting Stefan Khan-Kernahan <address@hidden>:

Hi, I've been struggling for a few days to get FluidSynth (1.0.9) to compile
in an application I am writing. When building, I get the following error:

<path to cpp file>* undefined reference to `_imp__new_fluid_settings'*
*
*
and in settings.h i find the following line highlighted in my IDE

*FLUIDSYNTH_API fluid_settings_t* new_fluid_settings(void);*
*
*
*fluid_settings_t is not a type name.*
*
*
I've looked at types.h and everything seems to be in order, and I just can't
figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Can anyone lend some insight?

It sounds like what I have seen before when FluidSynth isn't getting built as a shared library, perhaps due to a missing dependency. I'm not sure if that is what you are experiencing though. You might want to look through the rest of the build log to make sure there aren't any other errors/warnings.

More info about the problem might be helpful.

Regards,
Josh